Changing Your Name on Campus

How To Facilitate a Name Change On Campus

For Payroll and Registrar, you must submit the following:

  • Name Change Request Form
  • Photo ID With the New Name AND SS Card OR Court Order With the New Name

The request form also states that you must appear IN PERSON.

  1. Registrar
    You need a request for name change form and proof of legal name change plus either new Social Security card showing new name or picture ID with new name – this change then happens immediately.
  2. Payroll
    They also have a name change form and need the same proofs that the Registrar needs – this change then happens immediately.
  3. 6-TECH
    Notify 6-TECH that you have changed your name with the above offices and request that your name be changed in Banner; this takes 5-7 days to complete.
  4. SpartanCard Center                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Once Payroll, Registrar’s, and/or Human Resources has updated your information, bring your updated Photo ID and 9-digit University ID to the SpartanCard Center  (121 EUC) for a reduced cost (Damaged) card replacement.