Interested in meeting new people on campus?
Do you want to enhance your skills as a student leader?
Would you like to promote diversity and inclusion on campus?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, SIGN-UP for…
Spaces are limited. Be the first to sign up.
What is Spartans-In-Dialogue?
Spartans-In-Dialogue is a 5-week interactive dialogue experience designed to build relationships across difference. Participants of different identities (i.e. race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, socioeconomic status, etc.) will engage in ongoing, intergroup communication about topics related to social identity and intersectionality. During the Spring 2017 semester, dialogues will focus on the topic of race, race relations, and its intersectionality with other identities.
How does this benefit me?
Goals for Spartan-In-Dialogue Program:
- Build relationships and effectively communicate across difference
- Increase awareness and understanding of personal and other perspectives and experiences, as well as understand challenges related to national and global issues
- *Practice dialogue skills to engage in meaningful conversations about difficult topics
- *Participants will get an official “certificate of completion” after completing the 5-week experience.
*(GREAT for your resume and future job qualifications)
What is the time commitment?
- Dialogue groups will consist of 14-16 undergraduate students (some graduates) who will meet for 2 hours a week for 5 weeks in the Spring semester. Groups will meet beginning the week of March 20th through the week of April 17th.
- All participants who complete the 5-week experience will receive an official “certificate of completion” at the Spartans-In-Dialogue celebration on Tuesday, April 25, 6pm-8pm.
Who are Facilitators?
- These groups will be led by trained co-facilitators (UNCG faculty, staff, and graduate students) who will guide open, honest, challenging, and reflective conversations.
How do I sign-up?
- SIGN-UP HERE through March 1, 2017 or attend an information session to learn more about this exciting new program on campus.
Monday, February 13
Wednesday, February 15
Thursday, February 23
Tuesday, February 28
All sessions @ 2:00 pm in #62 EUC (office of Intercultural Engagement)
Student Participant Recruitment: February 1, 2017 – March 1, 2017
Dialogue Group Assignments: Week of March 6, 2017 (no later than Thursday, March 9)
Spartans-In-Dialogue Program Duration: Weeks of March 20 – April 17 (5 weeks)
· Each group meets once a week for 2 hours
· Students will select date and time preferences in the application
Final Celebration/All-Group gathering: Tuesday, April 25, 2017; 6pm-8pm, EUC Kirkland